About the Seminar
Board members are increasingly asked to participate in discussions that relate to the interfaces between business strategy, financial policies, and company financial performance. This seminar focuses on exploring a few essential financial concepts and
frameworks that can help board members to ask the right questions during these discussions. The seminar delivery approach is practical and interactive, includes presentation material, case studies, and small group discussions, provides benchmarking of industry and country financial performance data, and is designed to emphasize the challenges faced by CEE companies.
WHO should attend?
- Supervisory and executive board members (with or without a background in finance)
WHY should I attend?
To improve my abilities to interpret and assess financial information from a strategic viewpoint and to add value in a practical and well-informed way when financial considerations appear on the agenda of board meetings.
• Assessing operating performance (simple but
powerful decomposition approach)
• Implications of financing decisions (should CEE companies
make different choices relative to Western companies?)
• Key drivers of shareholder value creation (why is it difficult for
most CEE companies to create positive shareholder value?)
• Linkages between business strategy and financial performance
Start date: October 3, 2019 at 9:00 AM
End date: October 4, 2019 at 5:00 PM
Location: Hotel Antunović, Zagreb (Zagrebacka Avenija, 100 A, Zagreb, Croatia).
Participation fee: 2.000 € + VAT