About the Seminar
Board members and senior executives are increasingly asked to participate in discussions that relate to the interfaces between business strategy, financial policies, and company financial performance. This seminar focuses on a few essential financial
concepts and frameworks that can help them to ask the right questions during these discussions. The seminar delivery approach is practical and interactive, includes presentation material, case studies, and small group discussions, provides benchmarking of industry and country financial performance data and is designed to emphasize the challenges faced by CEE companies.
WHO should attend?
- Supervisory and management board members, company owners, senior executives and directors who participate in financial discussions in their companies. Seminar participants should have a basic understanding of the language and structure of income statements and balance sheets.
WHY should I attend?
To improve my abilities to interpret and assess financial information from a strategic viewpoint and to add value in a practical and well-informed way when financial
considerations are discussed in their companies.
• Assessing operating performance (simple but powerful decomposition approach)
• Implications of financing policies (should CEE companies make different choices relative to Western companies?)
• Key drivers of shareholder value creation (why is it difficult for most CEE companies to create positive shareholder value?)
• Linkages between business strategy and financial performance
Start date: October 4, 2023 at 9:00 AM
End date: October 5, 2023 at 5:00 PM
Location: IEDC-Bled School Management
Participation fee: 1.250 € + VAT
Earlybird fee: 1.125 € + VAT, apply before September 4, 2023