The General Management Program is an intensive program designed to broaden managerial and leadership perspectives. Through the GMP you will gain analytical and practical insights which will enable you to make a great impact on your co-workers and organization as a whole. The GMP will help you move from the role of a successful functional manager to the role of a strategic leader.
should I enroll in GMP?
Contribute to your company’s success
Bring your particular management challenge to the classroom as part of the GMP Project. Apply your newly acquired skills and concepts and develop a practical solution to the problem with a concrete action plan under the supervision of project mentors.
Increase your chances for promotion
66% of our alumni received the promotion during or after finishing GMP at IEDC. 49 % were promoted already during the program or within 1-3 years after graduation.
Gain confidence in taking leadership responsibilities
65% of GMP graduates assumed greater management and leadership responsibilities.
Become more Global
66% of GMP graduates received international promotion or assignments.
should enroll in GMP?
- Talented middle and senior managers
- Managers moving from successful functional managers to a strategic leader
- Managers with the potential to move to a higher management level
- Entrepreneurs who wish to gain a better understanding of the changing role of the owner-manager
- Family business owners and successors
is the GMP experience like?
- World-class faculty drawn from the leading European and North American business schools.
- International, diverse and experienced class of participants.
- Project-based learning - Bring your company or your own management challenge to the classroom as a GMP project which is a key component of the program.
- Creativity which brings innovative and entrepreneurial thinking into the organization.
- Excellence in program implementation and service.
- State-of-the-art facilities at the beautiful Lake of Bled.
Topics covered in two modules
- Developing Competitive Advantage
- Leading People
- Measuring Organizational Performance
- Customers and Markets
- Integrative approach to Business
- Project Management
- Developing Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Leading Change
- Arts & Leadership
- GMP project
Specifically, the GMP Project
Gives participants the opportunity to apply newly acquired knowledge to the practical challenges their organizations face
- Deploys the support of academic and professional mentors in addressing complex managerial challenges and presentation of these to the Board
- Creates an environment for peer-group support and emphasizes teamwork, which
is an overarching feature of GMP
The GMP Project represents a practical and well-structured solution to a particular management challenge that a GMP participant has identified in his/her own organization. The final project report comprises a practical solution to the identified management problem and provides a concrete plan of action based upon analysis and recommendations.
Program Fee: € 7.900 + VAT
Early-bird fee: € 7.500 + VAT before March 30, 2020
The program fee covers the cost of lectures, project mentoring, teaching materials, unlimited access to the IEDC Resource Center and lunches. Travel or living expenses are not covered. The fee does not include 22% VAT for Slovenian residents and companies.
To make a non-binding reservation, send us a tentative reservation per email. This carries no obligation and is not a substitute for the formal application form.
Module I: May 17-30, 2020
Module II: November 2-13, 2020
- A working level of business English (verified during the phone interview)
- At least three years of management experience
- Completed application form