IEDC - Bled School of Management hosted an Annual Presidents’ Forum and welcomed more than 100 executives from 19 countries. The Minister of Education, Sports and Science, Dr. Igor Papič gave a welcome speech at the event’s opening ceremony.
The topic of the Forum was »What makes a company ‘Future-Ready’?«, presented by Dr. Howard Yu, LEGO® Professor of Management and Innovation at IMD and Director of IMD’s Center of Future Readiness. In his keynote speech, he presented the results of a global analysis of companies from four sectors (automotive, banking, technology, and fashion brands and retail) where they measured seven equally weighted factors and then analyzed what leading companies were doing differently to be future-ready. It was amazing to hear how most successful companies and leaders embed the strength to react to foreseeable and unforeseeable developments and lead according to the changing circumstances.
The keynote was followed by a roundtable with prominent international business leaders who exchanged their views on the main topic:
- Mr. Blaž Brodnjak, Group CEO, NLB d.d., Slovenia
- Dr. Martina Dalić, President of the Management Board, Podravka d.d., Croatia
- Dr. Thomas Narbeshuber, Vice President Central & South East Europe, BASF, Hungary
- Prof. Stjepan Orešković, Owner, M+ Group, Croatia and President of the Supervisory Board, IEDC-Bled School of Management
- Mr. Fabris Peruško, Member of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, Fortenova Group d.d., Croatia
The roundtable was moderated by Prof. Howard Yu.
The transcription of the event will be traditionally published in a Book of the Year which is sent to all our partners and friends as a New Years' gift.
Thank you to the following companies who supported IEDC in organizing this event: BTC d.d., Medijska hiša Delo, Fraport Slovenija, Isokon , Klet Brda, Perutnina Ptuj Group.